Monday, May 7, 2012

7 May 2012 Letter (Budapest)

Dear Family,

Transfer Calls came this morning.  Like both my past calls during my second transfer in past areas this one was totally random and unexpected.  So, in short:  I am leaving.  I will be heading to Békéscsaba to serve with Elder Vandermark.  He is going into his 14th transfer (is my oldest companion yet), and is serving as Branch President there. 

So, yep, I just can’t stay in one area for more than two transfers.  I've always left before my companion (Elder Moffett was in Nyiregyhaza for five transfers, Elder Molnar was in Szekes for three, and Elder Reese has been in Budapest for four (and will probably stay for a fifth)).  Also, because I'm with Elder Vandermark and that situation there, I will either be in Bekescsaba for either one or four to five transfers (as he is going home in two, and they'll need a new Branch President). 

So, it looks like either I'll only be there for one, then go to yet another city where I'll become the senor companion, or I won't become senior until my 9th-10th Transfer.  "Strange thing; strange things are happening to me".  (Oh, I'm also going to be the District Leader in Bekescsaba, despite being Junior.  Also, I'm not sure yet, but from what I just heard, I might be the Branch Clerk once I get there.)

In other news, I have a whole bunch of new pictures that I'm hoping to send you once I switch computers (this one can't connect).  Also, I just send the longest email ever.  I spent a little time two weeks ago typing it, pretty much all of last week, and most of today's emailing time.  It was a lot.  Let me know what you all think of it.

Concerning Mother's Day:  I don't have the phone number or the time yet.  I'll definitely email you either Wednesday or Thursday to let you all know.  Like Christmas, you guys will need to call me.

This transfer's going to be different (each area always is).  I'll be going from one of the biggest wards to one of the smallest branches in the mission.  It will also be President Baughman's last transfer.  Next transfer the new Mission President comes in.  With other things, next week will be back to the normal blog posts.  I look forward to emailing you again (although just briefly) in a couple days, and then calling you this next weekend.

That's about all I have time for this week.  Talk to you all later.

Sok Szeretettel,

Shipp Elder

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment